Born in Milwaukee, C. Frederick Todd Wehr was an industrialist and philanthropist as well as the co-founder of Wehr Steel Company. Wehr was a graduate of West Division High School in Milwaukee. He graduated from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Wehr and his brothers comprised the executive team of Wehr Steel, a company founded by his father Henry Wehr in 1910. Wehr Steel, located in West Allis Wisconsin, manufactured steel alloy casting for machine parts, magnetic separators and brakes. Wehr Steel received numerous awards from the United States Government for excellence in steel production. During the reorganization of the company in 1958, Wehr became the chairman of the board of Wehr Corporation and held that position until he retired in 1963. Wehr left the bulk of his estate to the Todd Wehr Foundation, a trust set up for charitable religious, scientific and educational purposes. Local universities and cultural organizations have benefitted from the Todd Wehr Foundation, including the Medical College of Wisconsin, Marquette University, Ripon College and Virterbo University as well as the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts and the Wehr Nature Center. C. Frederick Todd Wehr was born on April 14, 1889 and he died on September 28, 1965.